Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 18 June 2013

I couldn't make it three on the spin!

After finishing at 22.00hrs, on Monday, I had no intention of going fishing this morning. Instead I enjoyed the luxury of a lie in - I was up at 07.20hrs to make Bev her cuppa; she has to leave home at 08.30hrs.
The sun was shining, very little wind (a real bonus) and temperatures in the mid-teens; surely there had to be something worth photographing? I limited my efforts to the "Estate Boundaries" - our garden!


Woundwort Shieldbug (Eysarcoris venustissimis)
Female Large White Butterfly on Red Valerian
 
Zebra Spider on our front door - I know it needs a clean! (The door, not the spider)
I had a phone conversation with my brother Timbo, attempting to arrange dates for Dad's birthday flight with the Spitfire. 16th July looks favourite, my Nephew (Tim's son) Luke is playing in the "Junior Open" at Prince's GC around the same date, so everything should mesh together nicely?

Red Admiral - my first sighting of 2013!




No comments:

Post a Comment