Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 18 June 2019

The pieces of a puzzle

Left the bungalow at 02.20 hrs headed for another biteless session out on the flatlands. I managed three hours, at a new spot, where I'd seen fish on 16th June. A very tight swim, which only allowed me to used a single rod, but this was compensated for by virtue of the fact that I was able to watch how the carp reacted as they moved around this section of the drain. I came away feeling that I'd learned some valuable lessons which, hopefully, I will be able to utilise as the project evolves.
Still not found my target fish, but there was certainly a decent, mid-twenty, common present this morning. I'm planning to get back there very soon with a couple of tweaks of my bait presentation which I will be tank testing, tomorrow. I need to nip in to see Camo, have a chat and purchase a few bits that will assist my cause?

I hadn't reached my swim, but had to stop in order to capture this scene
A spectacular dawn, was made even more impressive because it followed a full moon (or very close) dipping below the western horizon prior to the sun rising in the eastern sky. So impressive, in fact, that I set up the camera on a tripod to record the events, even before I got the bait cast out.


The wildlife added to my morning, a Barn Owl drifting past just after 04.00 hrs, four Cuckoos calling from various positions around the adjacent marshland, with a pair of Curlew, calling as they flew westwards, high overhead. Three Beavers were a reminder that I needed to keep on my guard but, sightings of a Stoat and, better still, a Water Vole made it a very tolerable blank session?

2 comments: