Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 22 June 2019

Solstice

Whilst Druids, hippies and other like-minded folk gathered in their hoards to witness the event at Stonehenge, I was alone, out on the flatlands enduring another blank!  Only one Beaver occurrence and I was, almost certainly, done over as I registered an aborted take on the left hand rod. Strangely, however, the night wasn't about the fishing. A lingering patch of illuminated sky, which traversed the horizon from ENE to NNE, well after sunset, was the focus of my attentions. Camera on a tripod, and exposure times up to 5 secs, I recorded some images of the spectacle that I'd been privileged to have witnessed without the need to join the throng on Salisbury Plain!

22.50 hrs

23.10 hrs

23.55 hrs

1 comment:

  1. I was out there too, mate. Broke my blank with a few perch- but even better, I saw another barn owl. No photos but it was in a different location to the bird I was seeing last winter/spring. I went back and still got no decent photos, but I think I've found where it's living and possibly nesting. On the second trip had a pound perch, but I've had nothing over 2 since way back last autumn at those sluices...

    ReplyDelete