Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 22 August 2016

Moving on

What with the furore, surrounding recent events, and the associated emotional roller-coaster, of the funeral; blogging has very much taken a back seat of late. Thankfully the church service was less stressful than I'd imagined. I was able to stand up and speak about Dad's influence on my life, and our time in Hemel Hempstead, without descending into a whimpering mess - that I found the resolve has a lot to do with Mum!
Benno and I are back on the carp trail, although much has changed during my enforced absence. Bev and I have got to sort out our bungalow and garden, whilst there is still the clearing of Dad's place to be dealt with - fishing won't take centre stage for some time yet! The light, at the end of the tunnel, for Bev and myself, is our holiday in Kefalonia - I reckon we've earned it.
Do we move or do we stay put and extend? If that is the biggest problem we've got to deal with, then we ain't got anything to worry about. Can I afford to retire? That's the question which is key; to my way of thinking; fortunately there are legal bods working on the case and an answer should be forthcoming relatively soon.


5 comments:

  1. Enjoy Kefalonia Dylan. I loved Corfu but not the driving.....mental roads and even more mental local drivers. We had albino like pink geckoes, emerald crickets and glider sized hornets. Every kind of fruit except oranges (but kum quats) and a proper cricket pitch.Should have taken a travel rod and certainly bins. Big swallowtail type butterflies but none ever settled to ID them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev and I have had several holidays on Corfu, it's a beautiful island with some fantastic wildlife. I have driven over there, but if you want a real adventure us the local bus and go to Corfu town - that's proper mental! Take care & tight lines - Dyl

      Delete
    2. Corfu town..no discernable effort at traffic control or rules of engagement vis a vis human to metal contact. Lovely views along the port though. Hope you both get things back on the straight and narrow now.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy Kefalonia Dyl. I know you enjoyed it last year. Bet it's changed since I was last there in c.1994.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derek, it will be great to have a bit of time for ourselves although it's no coincidence that we are out there during peak autumn migration. I really enjoy the challenge of birding in the terrain which is unlike any we have in the UK, however, it's not about rarity as much as the spectacle of massed movement. Things are gradually returning to what passes as normal in our bungalow - all the best - Dyl

      Delete