Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 10 February 2023

Foreness in the afternoon sunshine

Bev had a luncheon engagement with her regular gang and I was tasked with transporting her to, and from, Margate where their chosen venue is situated (directly opposite the Tate Modern). It was too good an opportunity to pass up, as it meant that I could have a wander around the Foreness/Palm Bay area whilst awaiting a phone call saying that the gig was over. As it turned out, I had well over two and a half hours to explore the coastline and adjacent cliff-top. Excellent! With the sun shining brightly from a cloudless sky, the camera was close to hand as I slowly meandered around the site. It is hardly surprising, given the weather conditions, that the place was heaving with other folk out enjoying the facilities. Still, I made the best of the situation and came away rather pleased with my efforts. Only one addition to my self-found year list, but I'll cope with that. Some photos - 


It really was good fun pointing the long lens at the various birds I encountered. The technology within the Canon being far more capable that the long-haired goon pressing the shutter release button. Realistically, I'm more than happy to get a few shots which assist with the blogging, yet every so often I manage to capture an image which has "something" extra. Certainly not deliberate, nor an attempt at some artistic whim. Accidental, pure and simple, but enjoyable none the less.



My final offering is of the same male Stonechat but, due to the composition, far more pleasing on the eye than the portrait I've posted?



No comments:

Post a Comment