Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Sunday 8 June 2014

Hummers and other things


This blogging stuff is becoming increasingly difficult - I have very little to post; work and reality mean that there are far more important issues to address than the folly of a rambling post?

Painted Lady - part of a small influx

Adult male Greenfinch on our garden feeders
However, I'm not about to throw in the towel, just yet, but I might have to be a little more selective in my choice of subjects on which I make comment. This blog is purely an indulgence - not an excuse to kick a wasp's nest!


Love 'em or ignore them - micro moths are great fun if they float your boat!
Today has seen an influx of Humming-bird Hawkmoths into our garden - there have been a minimum of 8 individuals and possibly as many as 12? The incredible world,, that is opened by the use of macro technology, continues to reveal sights (and species) which are capable of total bemusement - I've got no idea, but it detracts not one iota - it's better that I look, and enjoy, than to walk around with my eyes shut!





An Aethes sp. - netted in the back garden

No comments:

Post a Comment