Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 4 October 2023

Quick summary

I really don't have a clue as to how this internet caper works! It would seem that the post, I published a few hours ago, is dated 25th September? So to get the October ball rolling it seems only to right that I use the opportunity to make another offering at such short notice. This holiday has provided the most difficult birding I've ever experienced. It has nothing to do with anything other than the ridiculously contrasting light levels which are part and parcel of Corfu daytime. Passerines, in particular, seem to be allergic to these conditions and spend the majority of their time in the dappled light/shade of the Olive grove canopy. Even if I manage to get a view through my bino's, there's absolutely zero chance of grabbing a record image with the camera kit! I think that, off the top of my head, just five species have been added to my self-found year list, thus far. I have managed to add a "lifer" to my butterfly list in the form of a very smart Nettle-tree Butterfly which I photographed just a few hundred metres away from our appartment. The weather has been superb, both Bev and myself look very tanned. Not sure what the next few days might deliver, but I do know that it'll be fun trying to find out? The terrain, locally, is testing to say the least. My fitness has been placed into question right from the off. With just four days remaining, there won't be too many more excersions up into the surrounding mountains, but I'm sure that there'll be a few more surprises before it's time to call it a day?

2 comments: