Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 11 October 2023

Time to dust down the rods

It's been nearly three weeks since I last cast a bait into a swim. Since then, whilst sunning ourselves on the island of Corfu, the Pike season has started and I now need to place an October "double" figure Carp on the unhooking mat to ensure that particular challenge is maintained. To be perfectly honest, Pike fishing in the early part of the season doesn't do it for me any more. I'm perfectly happy to wait for the winter to kick in before really seeking the species which has been so central during my entire angling adventure. No, at present, it's that Carp project which remains at the top of my priority list. I'm off down to see Kev, at Sandwich Coarse Fishery, for an update on the fishing situation and, hopefully, get a swim sorted for Friday?

Stanborough Lake - November 1983

The weather is certainly on the change, with rain and strong winds forecast, before the weekend. Whatever the conditions, I remain confident in my approach at this particular venue. Whilst I am embarked upon this quest my methodology, and bait choices, will remain on a "need to know" basis. However, once my "double in every month" attempt is over, I will produce a post detailing what I've done to ensure my methods have been significantly different from the "Carp Clones" and their, boily dependent, chuck & chance tactics.

A "Flatlands" twenty in September 2018

Please don't hold your breath, there isn't anything radical which will make an impact on the thought processes of mainstream Carp anglers. It's just the result of an old bloke thinking, outside the box, whilst fishing alongside, brain dead, "Muppets" at a day ticket venue. I've been catching Carp for a lot of years and they are as difficult, or easy, as you wish to make it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment