Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 6 October 2023

Invertebrate fun

After my exertions, of yesterday, I did no more than remain within the confines of The Irene Apartment area today. The weather was a bit here and there, but still so much better than an October day on Thanet! I spent the majority of my time around the pool, yet did a few laps of the area in search of subjects willing to pose for the camera. I'd decided to opt for the macro kit and was rewarded for this decision, handsomely. A couple of Praying Mantis, plenty of Dragonfly sp., a few butterflies and grasshoppers ensured I have more material available, when back home, to post on the blog. Lizzards were also very cooperative, with several individuals posing nicely for the lenses. I have one more sojourn, up into the high ground above Agios Gordios, before I call it a day for this holdiday. In all honesty it doesn't matter what happens over these next couple of days, it's been a superb break, Bev and I will return home much the better for this experience. P.S. Just as an appology to Ric and Gavin. I'd love to be able to reply to your comments, but the cyber system says I'd be anonymous! Just three more days and normal service wil be resumed?

No comments:

Post a Comment