Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 12 October 2023

A Centrepin "Sun-downer" - crazy session

 For those who await my Corfu insect post I am very sorry. The desire to get out with the rods, today, was purely because tomorrow is forecast to be a write off?  Bev took over the school run duties, thus allowing me the opportunity to get a few hours down on Victory Lake at Sandwich Coarse Fishery. What an absolute result, a red-letter session and some! 

Centrepins, Siren R3's and a Leeda rod-pod.
A Carp Faggot's nightmare? Oh yeah - that's an NGT landing net, just to rub it in!

Yes, I knew that an October "double" needed to be landed, yet had spent much of yesterday going through the options available to elevate the enjoyment stakes. My conclusion being that I'd fish with centrepins, two Match Aerials, as opposed to the, usual, Okuma baitrunners on The Duncan Kay's. Bait choice and rig presentations would remain unchanged. What can't be ignored is the role played by my Nash "Bushwhacker" baiting pole system. Minimum disturbance with maximum accuracy, absolutely ideal for this type of, intimate, short range situations. As I said in yesterday's offering, Carp are as easy, or difficult, to catch as the angler chooses. 

It might be a new PB, yet it doesn't hold a candle to those magnificent
"wild" Carp out on the Flatlands. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not complaining, but it ain't a looker!

In less than four hours, I received four bites which resulted in four Carp visiting the un-hooking mat. The first bite came within fifteen minutes of the bait being positioned and produced a new PB, in the shape of a of 25 lbs 4 oz Common Carp. The other fish were another Common of 15 lbs 10 oz, plus two Mirrors of 11 lbs 2 oz & 16 lbs 8 oz.. It was a superb session and made all the better because I had the venue to myself.


The current totals, for my "double" in every month of 2023, stand at six "twenties" and forty-two "doubles". Surely my project is headed in the right direction?


2 comments:

  1. Dyl, what a result! Well done that man. Only beaten my own Carp pb three times in as many casts 👍.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ric, it's only a small, comercial, "Carp Puddle" so my results have to be taken in context. My approach is very simple, but done to the best of my ability. Nothing is too much trouble if I feel it will assist my efforts. From what I've witnessed, at this fishery, is the majority of other anglers over complicating things. Not for me to tell others how to enjoy themselves when out with the rods, but I much prefer mine to be bent regularly as opposed to resting idly on bank sticks!

      Delete