Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 7 October 2023

Hard graft, but great fun

My final trek up into the high ground, which surrounds Agios Gordios, didn't provide anything unexpected. Soaring Common Buzzards proclaimed their territorial rites with majestic displays of flying prowess and vocal accompaniment. A second Firecrest, of the trip, was heard as I walked a new section of the mountain tracks and a flyover Chaffinch was a bit of a surprise. Robins and Blackcaps seem to be the dominant migrant species on the island. They are present in their hundreds around the area. Blackbirds, Jays, Collared Doves, Blue and Great Tits, plus Sardinian Warblers seem to make up the bulk of other bird sightings. There was a Cirl Buunting, singing, breifly around the Irene complex, but I failed to get a view of this individual through my binos. It's been an amazing break, with some awesome encounters along the way. Quite how my camera craft has coped will only be known when we get back home. We fly back to Stanstead, very, late tomorrow night. I'm hoping normal blogging can resume some time on Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment