Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Birding bits

Newland's Farm is, for the most part, totally devoid of birdlife at present. A couple of Meadow Pipits flew over, as I walked to work, yesterday and a Rock Pipit was in the factory compound, feeding in the bunded area below the solvent tanks. Golden Plover and Lapwing have taken to roosting out on the ploughed cauli fields and are regularly disturbed as I walk home, their calls betraying their presence out in the darkness. A Chiffchaff has been seen in the garden on a few occasions over the past week, it is quite possible that it is the same individual as was present this time last year - a strange coincidence or regular occurrence? Chris Hindle's re-trapping of a Chiffchaff, one year on, at Reculver points towards wintering individuals being faithful to favoured spots.



Sorting out bits and bobs in the study, this morning, three Rose-ringed Parakeets dropped into the garden, pausing just long enough for me to grab a couple of photos. A Jay flew through and there is a light, but very deliberate, passage of Black-headed Gulls passing East, high overhead. Not much, I agree, but if I can't get out fishing, watching the local birds will do very nicely as a fill in!

No comments:

Post a Comment