Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 20 August 2024

Easy does it

With Bev's radiotherapy treatment starting on Thursday, I am getting as many sessions in, out on the bank, as is possible before this begins.Today, I had a couple of hours at the local club water using very simple free-lined wholemeal bread cubes (a sliced loaf cut into baits using scissors) presented on a "Dick Walker" split cane Mk IV Avon rod with an ABU Cardinal 44X reel loaded with 5 lbs b.s. line and a size 12 Nash "Floater Claw" hook. Absolutely non-stop action, provided by this ravenous hoard of scamps, and exactly what I wanted. The best fish was a gnarly old Mirror which tipped the scales at 12 lbs 7 oz and provided the fitting climax to my time at the venue. Benno and I are back out Eel chasing tomorrow evening/into dark before I have to ensure that Bev is OK prior to arranging any further outings.

Compulsory "silly hat" and sun-glasses

The moth trap was fairly quiet, over night, yet still managed to attract the first garden Olive-tree Pearl of 2024. A couple of Silver Y and a lone Pearly Underwing was about the only other signs of migrant activity.

Olive-tree Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment