Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 25 July 2023

"Sun downer" at Sandwich Coarse Fishery

 There was a few bits I needed to follow up, so a trip across to have a chat with Kev, site manager of Sandwich Coarse Fishery, seemed to be a plan. Whilst I was there it seemed silly not to have a cast? The "sun downer" ticket allows a four hour window (15.00 - 19.00 hrs) and was just what I wanted. Obviously a day ticket fishery isn't going to offer the freedom of swim choice, but you pay your money and take the chance. 

Not wishing to sound pretentious but the few other anglers, I encountered, seemed more intent on having a social rather than catching a Carp. Each to their own I suppose. I rocked up and found a few fish, "fizzing up" in a quiet corner. I wonder how much the fact that it is the furthest swim from the car park impacted upon the situation? Two baited rigs in the water using twelve sections of "The Bushwhacker" baiting pole, it was less than twenty minutes later that my left hand rod was away and I was able to coax a nice 13 lbs Mirror Carp into my landing net. 


No further action, although I certainly saw plenty more signs of Carp feeding in the area. Good learning opportunities and, hopefully, something I'll be able to use when I return on Thursday afternoon? 

No comments:

Post a Comment