Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 11 October 2024

Return to The Garage Pool

 With Bev and I having made the weekly visit to Tesco it was some time after 13.30 hrs that I decided to have another drive down to Cliffsend to see if I could get some better images of the Black-necked Grebe. As it turned out the grebe had gone and I was, therefore, very thankful that I'd made the effort yesterday. Although I was only on site for a very short while I didn't leave without pointing the camera in the direction of an extremely confiding Little Egret. 

I was back home within ninety minutes and that included me taking a quick wander around King George VI Park - major error given the numbers of dog walkers using the park at that time of day. I ran the moth trap last night purely because I'd been keeping up with what Sandwich Bay Obs and the Folkestone crowd had been reporting all the time we were on Corfu. It would seem that, weather conditions permitting, Radford's Flame Shoulder is a good possibiliy at the moment. Last night, however, didn't provide me with too much to get excited about. Three Delicates, two each of Feathered Ranunculus, Lunar Uderwing & Large Yellow Underwing plus a single Angleshades. Tonight's forecast is much improved on yesterdays, so the trap will be in opperation again, so fingers crossed. All things going to plan I should be back out down the local club "Carp Puddle" tomorrow for few hours?

No comments:

Post a Comment