Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 7 October 2024

Day nineteen - high ground farewell

It was just before 10.00 hrs that I began my final trek up onto the high ground, beyond Kato Garouna. Another glorious day ensured that Bev would be perfectly happy, with her lizard impression, soaking up the rays beside the pool. Knowing that it would be my final foray up there I spent just over four hours away from The Irene complex. 

That exposed, rocky, ridge is over 100 m higher than the track which I am able 
to wander and possibly the highest point on Corfu?

The birding was never going to be anything other than very predictable, given the weather conditions, and it was left to the scenery and invertebrates to provide the subjects for my camera kit. As I have no idea when, if ever, we'll be back I spent my time enjoying this fabulous environment and its' ambience.

I was quite surprised to spot several 2nd gen. Holly Blues, which are a Corfu first for me, and the second Magpie of our holiday. It really is a strange situation looking at wildlife which wouldn't be out of place in the Thanet garden, whilst on a Greek hillside. 

Female Cleopatra butterfly

The next two days will pass in the blinking of an eye. I have just one more foray up onto the Pentati road planned and then it's home time. I've taken thousands of photos and will probably attempt to do a summary later in the month? I'll end this offering with a photo which is a pure fluke, as it was perched when I raised the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment