Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 4 October 2024

Day sixteen

Another day of grey skies and brisk winds ensured that Bev and I did little more than press repeat of yesterday's efforts.I had spent a while out on our balcony, mid-morning, where I had spotted a couple of Ravens, a lone Common Buzzard and a flurry of fifty-plus Alpine Swifts leisurely headed south. The only time I picked up the camera was when I grabbed a few images of the moths which had been attracted to the exterior lighting yesterday night. A Ruby Tiger was certainly unexpected in October, whilst Scarce and Hoary Footman were also a surprise. My first Cranbid sp. of the holiday was most welcome, although now having looked at the photos, might be nothing more exciting than Elbow-striped Grass Veneer?


Tomorrow's forecast is for much improved conditions and, hopefully, I'll be able to get back up onto the high ground above Kato Garouna to see what, if any, birds have been grounded by these recent weather conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment