Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 12 March 2016

It's a start

I fired up the moth trap, last night, for the first time in 2016 and actually caught one! A Common Quaker was discovered on the egg boxes, thus I'm off the mark. Although daytime conditions are superb, for migrating raptors, the nights are still rather cold (around 3C) with an easterly airflow; so not ideal.

The Reed Bunting is still hanging around the garden and I managed a nice series of images as it repeatedly dropped down into next door's garden to feed around the bonfire site that been established as we've cleared our dividing fence line. The gardens are much tidier, but lack privacy at the moment and will remain such until we're able to reinstate the fence.





No comments:

Post a Comment