Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 4 April 2024

Bits & bobs, odds & sods

The situation with Bev's medical issues all seem to be headed in the right direction, as predicted by the surgeon and cancer nurse after the operation. The biggest issue, from our perspective, is waiting for the next stage in this process. Obviously, for us, it is the top priority in our lives yet we recognise that the medical crew are dealing with so many other cases that we are, in reality, just another entry on a spreadsheet. Roll on 26th April and the consultation meeting with Dr.A. Podder to learn what happens next. 

Garden birding has been good fun, although I am really struggling to get any additions for the year list. Three pairs of Sparrowhawks are holding territory around the Newlands Farm area and I was delighted to grab a photo of a stunning adult male which perched on my neighbours fence a couple of days ago. A lone Buzzard has also taken up (temporary?) residence which is causing the local Herring Gulls quite a few issues as it goes about its' daily routine. 

I have been out with the rods, down at Sandwich Coarse Fishery, for a couple of "sundowner" sessions this week. I've caught Carp on both occasions, yet only one "double" out of three fish landed. I've got to give Kev, the site manager, a massive thumbs up for allowing me the opportunity to be a little flexible due to Bev's medical issues. Top bloke! 

The best one, thus far, at 17 lbs 6 oz 
Quite a distinctive character with a deformed tail which probably explains why it didn't
put up much of a scrap!

I saw my first Swallows of 2024, four, this afternoon and my decision to switch to centrepins provided added enjoyment from the capture of two "scamps" which fell for the tactics today.

Not quite a "double" these Sandwich Coarse Fishery Common Carp
are capable of pushing tackle to the limits.
 
I do have a post, in preparation, about my current stance on Carp fishing and hope to get it finished in the next couple of days. We have a busy, family based, weekend planned, so it will be placed into cyberspace when I am able to do so?

No comments:

Post a Comment