Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Sunday 31 March 2024

I wasn't expecting this

 Easter Sunday and "British Summertime" kicked in overnight, thus the body clock will be in disarray for a short while? I've just been outside to check the moth trap and have discovered a crazy butterfly on the egg boxes. A Speckled Wood, no less, my sixth butterfly species of 2024 had decided that a cool, clear night, with a gentle Easterly and temperatures down to 7C would be a good time to have a fly around. My earliest record of this species, without question. This type of encounter is exactly why running the garden MV trap is so much fun - you just never know what might turn up next?


Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Hello mate, and Happy Easter- I got out for my first bassing trip of the year yesterday. It was a disaster! Snagged and lost my rig on the second cast; caught a solitary rockling. No bass!... Awful but it's got me warmed up. Check this out- saw two peregrines from my lounge on Sunday and this morning, a sparrowhawk buzzed through the courtyard as I opened my balcony door. It's got to be a sign! I've taken today off but am doing the evening tides for bass, for the next few nights. Come June 16th, I fancy a marsh fishing. Let's meet before for that beer, mate- Gazza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gazza,
      I'll email you - that beer is definitely needed and a discussion about Tench fishing out on the flatlands could be very interesting?
      Dyl

      Delete