Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 26 June 2023

The "Carp Puddle" is calling

 I've only been fishing twice, since the start of the "traditional season" and blanked on both occasions, so no great shakes there then! If nothing else, I'm consistent. My whimsicle desire to land a "double" (Carp) in every month of 2023 needs addressing and I'm fast running  out of time if June isn't to be the point at which I fail in my quest. Thus far I've landed twenty-five fish, in excess of that 10 lbs barrier, every one from the small irrigation reservoir just five miles from my front door. 

With the weather on the change, and a fall in barometric pressure forecast, I fancy my chances of a bite or two using the particle approach which served me so well during the early part of the year. As much fun as surface fishing, undoubtedly, is there is something immensely satisfying when the bobbin rises into the butt ring and the alarm bursts into song. The general consensus, amongst those club members with whom I've spoken, is that the largest Carp in the venue is around fifteen and a half pounds. I've already caught it, but that there are a considerable number of back-up fish between eleven and thirteen pounds. Any one of which would do very nicely under the current circumstances. 

15 lbs 6 oz when it visited my landing net in late March.

I should be able to get three sessions in, between now and Friday, hopefully it will only take one to achieve my June target? There are a couple of tweaks, with my terminal set-up which I've been playing around with. The "Carp Puddle" is certainly a venue where such experiments are worth conducting. If I muck it up, there's always another chance, such is the density of the fish stocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment