Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Kefalonia - "The Advert"

Wow! We're now back to the reality slap of ordinary life after a fortnight in Greek paradise; Lourdas, Kefalonia - what a place. We don't need to dwell upon my pauper status and the fact that Bev booked us on an Olympic Holiday deal which entailed allocated accommodation on arrival. Two weeks for less than £500 for both of us - spending money and airport parking meant that the total cost was around £1200. It could have gone "tits up" - but not this time; we hit the jackpot.

The backdrop to our entire stay - those radio/telephone masts are on Mt. Enos - 200m higher than Ben Nevis!
Our accommodation was typical Olympic fare - adequate and clean, but no frills (what do you expect for that money?) However, just 200m down the road was a Thompsons Holiday venue which allowed everyone to come and enjoy the facilities. And boy did we have some fun doing so.


Saoulas Studios provided Bev and I with the best holiday either of us can remember, and we've had a few - although this was our first together in three years. The owner, Elani, her brother Dennis, her daughters Elanora and Stephany plus our fellow guests produced an ambience which was wondrous to be part of. We swam, we ate, we drank, we chatted and laughed, listened to music until the early hours. Not one moment of discord in the entire period. I promised that I would write about the venue, as my way of saying a big thank you to everyone who made such a massive contribution to our holiday. It was a privilege to be part of such a special place, if only for a short period - Mythos all round I think?
Elani - grafting as always

Dennis - doing his thing

Our "Last Supper" - the BBQ on Saturday night



Dennis and Pauline - such a lovely couple - in his 69 year old dreams!


DJ Sammy canvassing his audience for musical advice - he'll play anything
The photos are very personal and I'm sure that others would not, necessarily, gain the same pleasure as Bev and I - after all we all expect different things in life. If, however, great weather, stunning scenery and a laid back vibe are what you seek, Lourdas ain't a bad place to start looking! 

Bev - all tanned and relaxed, it really was a fantastic holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home Dyl. Glad you and Bev had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a good Greek Islands holiday and you certainly copped one there. I think my best one was Lesbos, a terrific place.
    Nice to have you back though, today's weather must of come as a bit of a shock to the system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Dylan, just in time for the pike season !

    ReplyDelete