Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 14 September 2015

In the land of the Bubbles!

Hi all, just a quickie - Bev and I are suffering UV overdose on the beautiful island of Kefalonia. Stunning scenery, stupendous weather and one awesome thunderstorm, so far. Birding is a struggle, so very unlike my time on Corfu, or mainland Greece or Turkey. Only one "lifer" thus far. I managed to get some nice views of an adult male Semi-collared Flycatcher.
Got loads of stuff to blog about, when we get home. A flock of 600-ish Honey Buzzards was something to behold. There are plenty of tricky juvenile warblers to keep me on my toes and then there's the other stuff. At least four new butterflies and some crazy bugs - thanks for keeping logging on. Dyl

3 comments:

  1. I went there about 20 years ago and yes, it's a beautiful place, or it was then. They have some amazing countryside, covered in wild herbs all in flower and as a result the Kefalonian honey is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derek, Kefalonia remains as stunning as you remember. Bev and I are staying in the southern coastal resort of Lourdatas - nothing more to add. We're have a ball.
      Loads to write about when we get back to the reality slap of Thanet. Hoping all is well? Dyl

      Delete
  2. All is well, apart from the fact that it has been bucketing down with rain for around 14 hours today (Weds)

    ReplyDelete