Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 19 January 2015

What's the plan - Stan?

There is a part of me which would love to be able make some type of formal definitions to my future progress - all very work like and professional. Then there's the reality of being Dylan - I'm 100% committed to looking after Bev, savouring time with my kids and grand-kids, ensuring that Dad's OK, the usual stuff that any decent human would hold dear - then there's the rest of my "head-fucked" journey! Chasing big fish, looking at birds, catching moths and with an opinion on all aspects of these pastimes - it seems conflict comes with the territory?
I can't see any point in my existence if it is purely to follow what's gone before - there's no progress if there's no challenge. I take great heart from the fact that I've remained true to myself, despite criticism (some of which bordered on hatred!) and continue to push my quest for knowledge beyond what is comfortable.
Blogging is a fantastic release for me - I offer my opinions to the cyber system; my audience completely unrestricted, thus unknown? I've made friends (and enemies) with total strangers - crazy stuff.
Where is all this headed? I've no idea, but I know that my life would be poorer should I pack it in. Technology is an arena in which I'm totally out of my depth - my laptop is a mysterious beast which gives the ability to communicate with the whole of humanity - HOW? Obviously it isn't that important - just so long as I know how to make a post, Blogger and Google = the clever stuff, can be taken care of by my computer.
No pretty photos today - just my thoughts as to where I'm at in mid-January 2015. Take care and enjoy life to the full - it has very defined limits!

1 comment:

  1. Blimey Dylan, you're a bit old for a mid-life crisis, how about the challenge of seeing if you can sit in the armchair with slippers and pipe.

    ReplyDelete