Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 15 January 2015

Like a Cheshire cat!

I find myself in ridiculously good humour; the reason for this being the two Mitchell 300's - I really am easily pleased? At work, yesterday evening, I was involved in the manufacture of an experimental batch of magenta ink for a new customer. I was being monitored by a Japanese guy called Ritchie (nice bloke!) who made comment upon my happy disposition. His English and my Japanese didn't allow a proper explanation - he has probably gone away thinking that I'm happy in my work? Not untrue, but certainly not the case yesterday - I was like a silly school kid, grinning from ear to ear.
I went to bed and dreamt of the moment when the line starts to trickle from the open spool of one of these reels - my heart beat increasing as the bale arm snaps shut and the line begins to tighten. The tap on the rod tip indicating it's time to strike and I'm living the dream - recreating a scene from my youth. Will it really be so poetic, will reality allow me to take a step back in time? I can't predict the future (otherwise I'd be winning the Lottery every week!) but do know that the first fish to be captured using one of these reels will have a very special place in my angling journey, no matter what size it is!
Gadget popped in this morning, he's doing OK, although is still suffering side-effects from some of his medication. We chatted about "this and that" - so very much the usual routine. Work beckons and there is a batch of cyan to be made for Ritchie - let's hope my good humour remains?

No comments:

Post a Comment