Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 3 June 2024

Little things

 I managed to grab a short, morning, session down at Sandwich Coarse Fishery today. My aim was to try out the ABU Cardinal 44X's, complete with those new aluminium spools, prior to the commencement of my Tench campaign. I did manage to catch a single fish when a very fiesty Common Carp, of 13 lbs 2 oz, took a fancy to my 15mm wafter hookbait. The reel performed impeccably and I was also rather pleased with my homemade "Stow" bobbins which are also likely to play a role in the Tench caper during the summer. 



The complex is getting busier by the week and I'm not too sure when I'll be back? A session on the RMC is long overdue, so I will hopefully put this right over the next few days? One thing about the canal is that Tench are certainly a possibility if you have a bait in the water, which isn't so at Sandwich where it's Carp or nothing!

The highlight of today occurred when I got back home from my angling sojourn. I was in the back garden, checking the bird feeders, and found myself looking at a Flower Crab Spider (Misumena vatia). It is a creature which I've never, knowingly, seen before and I have to admit to being quite impressed. Sadly my macro photography is very poor, so the accompanying image doesn't do justice to this wonderful arachnid, but it's better than nothing - I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment