Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 6 June 2024

Hedgehog fun

I spent yesterday evening/night playing around with my camera kit as I strive to obtain better images of the spiny visitors to the nocturnal feeding bowls. I deliberately placed a single bowl, at very close proximity to my study doorway, so that I could get my gear set up well before sunset. It proved to be a most enjoyable time, although only two individuals came to the bowl whilst I was watching. I hung it out until 23.30 hrs then called it a day.

The light from the garden MV moth trap provides a great help, enabling me to spot any activity around the garden well before the hedgehog reaches the spot, and I add to this by using my Core Work Lite at 50% power to illuminate the actual bowl. This simple ploy ensures that my lens isn't struggling to focus on a subject in the dark. I've still got a long way to go if I am ever to emulate the results of some of the folk on YouTube, but it's certainly great fun trying out new techniques from the comfort of my study doorway.

Sure I am still struggling with reflected glare from the eyes of these animals, yet feel it is a lack of software, not camera kit, which is the issue here?

No comments:

Post a Comment