Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 24 June 2017

Session one

I haven't left home yet! I am writing the first part of this post before a bait has been cast, yet feel that I have to do it so as to be able to justify my confidence. I have purchased a Gardner "Deluxe Weed Rake" from Camo and hope it will assist my cause. I fished the same swim last Sunday, less than 12 hours after we got home from Tenerife! Weed was a massive issue and I ended up fishing "Ronnie Rigs" over my munga. The carp in this venue have probably never seen a boily, so it was no great shock that I failed to register any bites despite there being fish in my swim.
A  piece of kit that might assist my efforts?  Photo is courtesy of Gardner Tackle

I have a night ahead and feel far more confident that my hook baits will be more attractive (rigs more effective?) once I've managed to clear the weed from the swim. I will make my appraisal of the performance of said weed rake when I get home tomorrow.

There will be a Session One plus - trust me!

No comments:

Post a Comment