Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 15 December 2016

Right things - wrong reasons?

I took Emily and Harry down to the RMC, on Sunday, where Benno and Bryn were fishing for pike, so we could spend time in the wooden playground, at Seabrook, and feed the ducks.
Two of the most precious parts of my world - feeding the ducks at Seabrook
The playground was central to the adventure, but the feeding of the ducks did provide entertainment, whilst the bread lasted! Emily quickly discovered that throwing a handful of bread pieces into the air resulted in mayhem as squadrons of Black - headed Gulls went crazy as they attempted to get their fair share. She was in hysterics - her innocence being a genuine thrill for me - the cacophony of gull activity due to the simple actions of a child. Priceless!


3 comments:

  1. Great one Dyl.
    It's fun isn't it, the kids feeding the ducks and other things?
    Over my way, there's places where whole armies of avian tame-life wait to be fed.
    And fed they are - and often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers guys - the grand-kids are a very special part of my life and any time spent in their company is precious. To be able to witness this excitement at such a simple event is worth more than any money could buy - priceless, indeed, for one ageing hippie!

    ReplyDelete