Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Massed migrants

Happily this post has nothing to do with human traffickers and their immoral exploitation of the desperate and poor; also, in no way is it linked to the forthcoming EU referendum! Nope - just the simple enjoyment I derived from the appearance, overnight, of a huge number of Diamond-back Moths, unfathomable numbers involved. I first noticed them at work, this morning, then became acutely aware that something major had occurred as I made my way home. I kicked hundreds from the rank vegetation that lines the footpath and there were similar numbers around the garden when I went to feed the birds. I couldn't resist the temptation to have a play with the new lens and extension tubes. Not the best of conditions, but I'm happy enough with the results.

Diamond-back Moth - Plutella xylostella

No comments:

Post a Comment