Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Time flies!

Without any cyber fall-outs, or major rants; somehow my latest venture into "Blogland" has reached its' first anniversary. A whole year of diary notes, loosely based upon my experiences within angling and the wider appreciation of the natural world, but going off at tangents whenever I felt the need. I must admit that I've rather enjoyed myself. It would seem that bloggers have found a niche and there are very many worthy opinions being aired or, possibly, it's simply because we're all getting a little too long in the tooth for all the aggro. Live and let live now seems to be the general consensus?
If I am able to get any of my grand-children interested in angling,
then I will have done something positive.
I can't help but think that this modern world has replaced the natural wonderment
with a virtual reality that will negate the need for our children (and their children's, children)
going to discover things for themselves?
Hopefully my blogging will continue in this happy vein - a sharing of my thoughts, and experiences, via the, mind-blowing, vastness of Internet technology. I have no idea, as to where this venture will lead. To quote, the late, George Harrison - "If you don't know where you're going; any road will take you there!" That about sums up my outlook on life, in general. Of course I have one or two ambitions that I'd like to achieve before my day of judgement, however, the route taken can meander, like a lowland river across a floodplain. Catching fish, seeing the grand-children grow up, enjoying my time with Bev and our families; all equally important in my future plans.
Natural history and my interest in "most things" that co-exist within my environment will continue to provide scope for my enjoyment - even if it's the chance to share such delights with my grand-children? Emily is already quizzical in her own way. She delights in the sight of butterflies, (buzzy) bees, birds (generally sea-gulls, sorry Herring Gulls!) and other creatures that we encounter.  My hope is for continued good health and happiness - probably the wishes of the entire human race?  Beyond that; I will go with the flow as life dictates.


No comments:

Post a Comment