Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 16 August 2013

Slowly gathering pace

I discovered three juvenile Wheatears, as I walked across to work, yesterday afternoon. They were feeding on a rough area close to the Old Rose Garden, a regular stopover in both Spring and Autumn. It won't be long before I find a Whinchat? There were three or four Willow Warblers flitting around the buddlieas, as I sorted out the recycling bin this morning. I grabbed the camera - only for one bird to immediately pop out into the open and pose on a dead branch of our flowering cherry. If only it was always that easy. A couple of Swifts drifted south, the first I've seen in nearly a month! Autumn migration is underway and things will only get better as the days shorten.
Juvenile Willow Warbler; posing nicely in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment