Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 25 December 2012

See Emily play

 
The table set for our meal - once again Bev has waved her "magic wand"
In 1967, Syd Barret - the front man for Pink Floyd - claimed to have woken up in a wood and seen a little girl playing; hence the lyric - See Emily Play. David Bowie (1973) did a superb cover on the Pin-ups album and brought this track into my consciousness. The reason I make mention of these events is the fact that my Grand-daughter is called Emily and today, of all days, the sentiment of that original song fits the bill. She's not quite two years old and this Christmas is the first where she has a grasp of speech and reaction that allows an insight into her world. I will grow old, happily, knowing that our grand-children will be the main focus of my life - if I failed as a Dad I ain't screwing this chance up!

Don't let the wedding ring fool you - my mate Gay Bob!
 
Our day has been fantastic, good company, food and quality time shared with our extended family. I managed to ring my mate Robert (a Turkish peasant with a time share in Plymouth) and exchange seasons greetings - great to be able to chat with my Turkish walking partner. Although he claims to be married to Jackie and be a father/grand-father I have serious doubts - he's a raving poofter! Still my mate; but not the full shilling as my photo will demonstrate - well dodgy! (Man Up!!! - you know the rest Mr Chaffe)

No comments:

Post a Comment