Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 30 July 2022

More Thanet moths

 Just finished checking through the egg trays from last night's efforts. Two new garden species being discovered in the process. Barred Hook-tip was actually on the outside of the trap when I turned it off at 05.25 hrs.


The Brindled Plume (Amblyptilia punctidactyla) was found later and has quite a characteristic pose which is not shown in any of the literature I have. It was only when I perused UKmoths that I was finally confident with my id.


As seems to be the case, recently, there is always something which causes much head scratching and today it was another Plume sp.


No comments:

Post a Comment