Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 20 July 2018

Effort equals success - hopefully

I finished my shift at 20.00 hrs and, instead of heading homewards, drove down to the "Levels" to introduce a few handfuls of bait into a couple of swims that I'm favouring, at present. I spooked a decent fish off my first spot, as I arrived, and had fish on my second spot within five minutes of getting my bait in the water. I had taken the absolute bare essentials and managed to get a couple of rods cast, although the rapidly fading light did little to assist my efforts and I wasn't very confident that my presentation was as good as should have been. I gave it 90 minutes before calling it a day and packing up. I'll be back, with far more time, tomorrow.
I hadn't even got to my chosen spots when I encountered my first Beaver of the evening. Luckily it was still light enough for some token images, using the Finepix S, but my results are nothing more than average. I ended my session having seen five, possibly six?, individuals, three/four youngsters and two adults (one of which was in a different drain as I walked off) It's a crazy situation! I only saw my first Hedgehog, of 2018, yesterday night yet have seen Beavers (or signs of Beavers) on every visit to the East Kent Marshes, since June 16th.


No comments:

Post a Comment