Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 27 May 2017

Garden gold

We've got Emily staying with us, overnight, so I've had to tidy up my study/tackle room in order to use the sofa bed which resides there. As I was about my task I saw a group of five Goldfinches drop down into the top of our garden Christmas tree. I grabbed the camera and went out the front door, so as not to disturb them, and crept down the drive and peered through the trellis at the feeding station. Two birds were already on the sunflower heart feeder, the other three still perched in the lower branches of the tree. I rattled off a few shots, just because I could. They are lovely little birds and always welcome around the garden.

How can you fail to like birds like these around your garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment