Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 8 April 2017

Deadline day approaching

My first article for The Freshwater Fisherman appeared in the April edition and I'm happy enough with the result. Barry Reed (Editor) and his production team have done a good job, however, being likened to a modern day Mr Crabtree was flattery most undeserved (click here to see - page 9) Having committed to this series of articles, it all of a sudden becomes far more difficult if the weather conspires to keep the main protagonist indoors! Bryn has spent more time on his X-box than anything else during the month of March due to the constant run of chilly NE winds. With just ten days remaining for my second offering to be on Barry's computer, I have very little to work with - call plan B into action. Long Shaw Farm to the rescue? We've Sunday afternoon to get enough to fill the space I'm allotted, so let's hope for lots of photo opportunities!


I have taken both Harry and Emily down to the smaller of our new club waters to look for fish and frogs; a box of cat biscuits handily in the car, just in case! The weather has been kind and on both occasions managed to get a few carp up on the top, although never in a frenzy of activity. I also got a rod and net involved when Emily came along and had a couple of small commons from a number of good chances. The successful method being tiny bread cubes, free-lined, on a size 11 Barbel Maxx, 10 lbs b.s. line, a Match Aerial centre-pin on a Duncan Kay rod.



No comments:

Post a Comment