Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 30 July 2016

A result

I don't know what I was expecting to happen, but it certainly wasn't a very local pyralid on the first night. In amongst the regular species that all garden moth-traps will be attracting was a very eye catching little micro. Camera quickly pressed into service as I sought to get enough images to give me half a chance of a positive id.


As it turned out, the moth was an example of Pempelia genistella; a very local species confined to SE England and very much a coastal bias to the records, plus its' lava feed on gorse (of which there none close by). Why such an individual should turn up in Dad's garden in a mystery, but I'm very grateful that it did and was able to spend some time studying it - happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment