Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 31 December 2014

The ultimate piss take?

The Chiffchaff remains around the garden, I had some nice views of it fly catching around our decking and another attempt at photographing it - didn't quite manage the image I desired, but still good fun all the same.


I'd been into Dragoncarp Direct over the holiday period and couldn't help myself - Chinese manufactured bite alarms for £1.99 each; reduced from £6! I had to buy three, just because they were there. That they are called "Ultimate" and labelled Redmire is an insult of such magnitude as to be brilliant.
Part of the front cover of the 1984 Beekay publication by  Kevin Clifford and Len Arbery
A venue of such historical significance to the pursuit of carp within the UK as to
be beyond a "marketing gimmick" of a discount tackle outlet - not so!
Redmire Pool (Bernithan Court) home of the mythical carp sought by Dick Walker and his pals. A venue so steeped in carp angling folklore as to be talked about in whispers - any angler who has set foot there akin to a devout Catholic visiting St. Peter's Square in Rome.

Nothing is sacred in marketing - three bite alarms for £5.97!
Three 9v batteries from the pound shop and away I go.
I'm taking them pike fishing tomorrow and will give my verdict afterwards.
Any way - all that remains is for me to wish everyone, who has visited this blog, a very peaceful, prosperous and nature filled 2015. It matters not a jot if you are a birder, angler, moth-er or pan-lister? I sincerely hope that the New Year lives up to expectations - good health and happiness to all - Dyl


2 comments:

  1. Happy new year to you and yours Dylan. great pike & keep blogging......

    ReplyDelete