Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 8 September 2014

A "charlie" in the garden

As I grew up in Hertfordshire the term, "Charlie", in reference to the sighting of a fox, was something which came with the territory. Apparently there had been a Victorian (?) politician - Charles Fox, who's wit and cunning had earned a huge reputation, thus, foxes were called "charlies" in his honour.
Bird bath to the fore, the aviary mesh to the rear - a young vixen in the back garden.
Looking through the kitchen door, mid morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see this young vixen (carrying her rear left leg and looking rather poorly) sniffing around in the garden. Such a shame that Emily wasn't on hand to witness the event but, as Bev commented, there will be plenty more opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment