Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 13 September 2013

Always a pleasure

It's a grotty, grey day out on Newland's Farm. Overnight, the conditions were perfect for depositing a few migrants around the area so it wasn't too surprising to discover a juvenile Whinchat perched atop the garden Elder bush. It was fly catching and dropping down onto the stubble, beyond the garden hedge.
A bird to brighten the dullest of days - a Whinchat on the garden hedge (ISO 400 - 1/640th sec)
A few groups of Swallows have passed overhead, Robins and Song Thrushes have suddenly appeared around the Vine Close gardens - autumn is upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment