Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Simple pleasures

I can think of no better way to portray my present attitude towards birds and birding than this simple image. A Blue Tit on our sun-flower heart feeder; taken through the glass of our kitchen door.


As an angler I can go fishing and catch nothing - thus a blank day. As a birder; it is impossible to visit any open space and not record something (within a UK context) My desire to combine these two hobbies hasn't diluted the enjoyment - it simply allows me to see things from a different perspective.
A Blue Tit is such a familiar garden bird that the vast majority of the UK population could make a confident id - just how many could correctly colour in a black and white line drawing of this species?
Looking at the common species, who choose to inhabit my world, is what makes my life so complete - simple pleasures for a very simple soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment