Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Wednesday 5 October 2022

Bath Time

This morning I awoke to dull skies accompanied by a ferocious, 40+ mph SW, breeze. It wasn't particularly difficult, or time consuming, id'ing the lowly number of moths assembled on the egg trays within the MV trap yet there was no way that Pegwell Bay had anything going for it under these conditions. No surprises, therefore, I remained at home spending much of my time watching the feeding station from the comfort of my study. By early afternoon the skies had brightened, somewhat, although the wind remained troublesome.

Chiffchaffs continue to move through the garden and I was very grateful to be able to play around with the camera as they used the bird bath during a brighter period around 14.00 hrs. It doesn't matter how many images you record there will always be one that stands out, although it is very difficult to explain why?

Well pleased with the above image, yet the one below just has something which causes me to smile..

Bad hair day?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shots Dylan, I especially like that last one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stewart, I think the spontaneity of the image is what sets it apart from the also rans? Just as when the Convolvulus Hawks were feeding outside my study it has to be a case of making hay whilst the sun shines. Chiffchaff passage will end fairly soon and I'll have to resort to images of House Sparrows once again. Thanks for taking time to comment - all the best - Dylan

      Delete