Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Monday 29 November 2021

November scores on the doors

It has been an exceptional month which started like a tidal surge, yet ended with barely a ripple. I can offer no end of excuses as to why I've struggled for bites since the second week of November but, if I had worked even harder, it might have been different? The erratic weather patterns certainly played a part in the results I achieved, yet I'm convinced that there were Pike to be caught if I could find them - I couldn't! I remain superbly confident in my rigs, baits and presentations as they are the best I can produce. I'm absolutely sure that no-one else is offering these Pike anything similar? To be fair, I've only seen five other anglers on the RMC, all month, which has to be a direct consequence of me not fishing during the weekends. Fourteen sessions, eleven on the canal, during November have resulted in just six Pike on the unhooking mat. Using the same format as the October post, these are my current stats 

Target No 1 - three "twenties" - one landed = 33.3%

Target No 2 - twenty "doubles" - seven landed = 35% 

Target No 3 - one hundred Pike - eighteen landed = 18%

Just to make it clear. The doubles total doesn't include "twenties" thus I'm actually hoping for twenty three Pike in excess of 10 lbs in order to achieve these targets! Just to spice things up a bit I've decided to add the split canes into the mix. I've only one, accidental, double caught on these iconic rods. I'd like to land a Pike in excess of 15 lbs, using these historic artefacts, before the 14th March 2022. I'll finish this offering with a rather sobering fact. On 3rd December 2021, I caught a superb brace of RMC Pike (22 lbs 6 oz & 19 lbs 5 oz) which constituted my seventh & eighth doubles for that season. I was in full time employment and working flat out! It's a day before the month's end, I no longer have to worry about work, yet am no better off, pike wise, than last year. Time to pull my finger out?

No comments:

Post a Comment