Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Steady as we go

Bev and I returned home, late Sunday afternoon, after enjoying a fabulous weekend break, away with our very dear friends Carrie-Anne & Craig, up in Wychbold - just outside of Droitwich - in the beautiful Worcestershire countryside. Kefalonia it wasn't, yet the fun was certainly of that holiday quality. Over, all too quickly, plans have been laid to attempt a Christmas meet up before we're hopefully able to arrange a return to Kefalonia with any degree of confidence? Fingers crossed!

The garden remains central to my outdoor experiences, whilst the decorator and carpet fitter carry out their tasks. Hopefully things will be have returned to some type of normality before the weekend and I will, then, be able to focus my attention on the 1st October and a resumption of the Royal Military Canal pike fishing quest. 



I've got quite involved with a side project, which might well prove to be a sustainable hobby in it's own right? I'll keep it under my hat until needs must! The garden has been pretty good, with Blackcap, Chiffchaff and the odd Whitethroat being seen, whilst overhead Common Buzzards continue to provide stimulus for the local Herring Gulls to get agitated. Three Grey Herons, in the past two days, are worthy of mention whilst the continuing Meadow Pipit passage provides a nice soundtrack to early mornings out in the garden.


I took a series of images of the "Harvest Moon" yesterday night - not brilliant but good enough to share I'd like to think?



No comments:

Post a Comment