Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 30 August 2019

Still they keep coming

The movement of Common Buzzards in the skies above Dumpton shows no signs of abating. Since that bunch of eleven that I witnessed, last Sunday, they have become a daily expectation. The high percentage of pale phase birds would suggest that these Buzzards originate from Scandinavia and/or the Low Countries, but I am perfectly happy to be corrected if this hypothesis is wrong.
I counted thirteen birds over the factory as I loaded the cardboard compactor, yesterday (10 mins max) and another seven passed over the garden this morning, yet the agitated behavior of the gulls suggested that I wasn't seeing them all. How long will this passage last? No idea, but I'm going to enjoy it whilst it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment