Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Saturday 1 December 2018

An hour to savour

Back over to Marshside, this afternoon, for another into dark session after perch. I had every intention of using a float, for the first time in "yonks!", but the stiff SW breeze, and accompanying rain, put that idea to bed as soon as I got out of the van. So it was two split cane Mk IV's, ABU Cardinal 44X & 55, on very simple set-ups, with the Siren R3's providing the audio and a couple of home made hangers the visual indication.


I had the first rod out, just before 13.30 hrs, but didn't manage to get the second one in play until well after 14.15 hrs, such was the hectic feeding spell that I'd dropped in on. I was using prawns, with a Krill & Tuna method mix as ground bait. Little and often being the chosen tactic and, boy, did it seem to do the trick? Between 13.45 and 14.45 hrs I had five perch over two pounds to the landing net. Four came to the right hand rod, purely because I couldn't get the left hander in the water! 2.04, 2.04, 2.07. 2.02 & 2.05 in that order - simply the best perch fishing experience of my life.

A selfie of the 2.07, and yes, it was windy.

I fished on until 16.50 hrs, missing a further three bites, bumping two others before hooking a most spirited adversary - a small common carp of around 4 lbs (shame it wasn't a perch!) A truly wonderful session out on the marsh and a real confidence boost. At long last I am starting to see a return on the tactics that I've chosen to use. All week, at work, I have been thinking through what presentations to use, the hook patterns, & sizes, and other such tweaks. For that magical hour, everything fell into place, I was truly living the dream. To be continued ......... I hope!


3 comments:

  1. Must have missed this post Dyl. Well done that man.
    When fishing is as hectic as that, I'd put one rod aside for sheer efficiency. Saves time and potential tangles.

    ReplyDelete