Who am I?

An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 2 March 2017

Early signs

Newlands has been very quiet recently, just odd Redwings flying overhead and, last Thursday, the first Oystercatchers calling out in the darkness. Cutting overland between Broadstairs and Pegwell due to the tide being my guess? A few Common Buzzards have been noted, but it's now very difficult to know if they are genuine migrants or local birds having a wander. One over the garden at lunch time caused quite a stir amongst the gulls, but it was all over rather quickly. The only other obvious signs that changes are happening was the appearance of the first adult Lesser Black-backed Gull at the Pyson's Road Industrial Site colony on Tuesday and, this morning, an adult male Greenfinch was displaying over the gardens along Vine Close, although I still haven't had one visit the feeding station whilst I've been watching!

From the back garden at lunch time - always nice to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment