Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Friday 27 January 2017

Prep work

It looks like the split cane Mk IV's will be getting an outing this weekend? I took a drive out onto The Levels this morning and checked out a couple of drains that might provide the chance of a pike, or two? One, that I particularly favoured, is frozen solid but, a second venue is not. Given the forecast for East Kent, I am confident of getting a bait in the water tomorrow.


I had a cracking morning, out on the marsh, getting several more year ticks as I strolled about the area. My year list has reached the grand total of 69 species - all self found; and that's rather important to me. I'd taken my camera, because I felt sure that Stonechat would be a good bet. I didn't find one yet still had plenty of other subjects to point the long lens at. All in all, a very productive morning.



Gadwall, Reed Bunting and Raven were all new for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment