Who am I?

My photo
An individual, of no great importance, who is unable to see the natural world as a place for competition. I catch fish, watch birds, derive immense pleasure from simply looking at butterflies, moths, bumble-bees, etc - without the need for rules! I am Dylan and this is my blog - if my opinions offend? Don't bother logging on again - simple!

Followers

Thursday 14 August 2014

Garden bits

Just a quickie! A few bits around the garden, this morning, and the sighting of a Swift - over Booker's car park; yesterday.
They have been conspicuous by their absence, so far this autumn, so three individuals,
today, was a nice surprise.
Butterflies continue to visit our garden, although the buddlieas are well past their best. Red Admiral, Speckled Wood, Gatekeeper and Small White predominate - Holly Blue occasional. My camera gear is always set-up, awaiting usage, by the kitchen door. It was a calling Willow Warbler that drew my attention, yet the presence of a Hummingbird Hawk-moth (the first garden sighting in over a month!) which made my day. Feeding on the honeysuckle that hides our shed - the image was recorded using my 170 - 500mm Sigma lens - so not the best option, but the only one available at the time!

A spectacular insect
Some crazy stuff going on down at the river - I will up-date much later in the year. Nuff sed!

No comments:

Post a Comment